1. Get a deep tissue massage. You can do this through your chiropractor or massage therapist. It will loosen your muscles, increase your circulation, and release endorphins (which will lower your pain levels). Some people see getting a massage as a "treat," but when you have back or neck pain, it is a necessity.
2. Strengthen your back muscles. Muscles help hold your spine in place, so strengthening them will improve your posture. You don't have to go to the gym to do some simple back exercises. Try:
3. Take Epsom salt baths. Your skin will absorb the magnesium in the salt, easing your stress, detoxifying your body, and relaxing your muscles. You can also add some essential oils. The Epsom salt will make the oils soluble so they will mix in the water instead of just floating to the top. Use:
Make a mix of those four oils (and any others you want to try) in a small bottle so you can then just drop seven or eight drops in the bath.
4. Get a good mattress. Since you will spend a third of your life sleeping, invest in a good mattress. Purchase from a company that will allow returns so you can fully test it out.
5. Buy good shoes. If you spend a lot of time on your feet, purchase some practical, comfortable shoes. Your posture (and your spine) depend on it.
6. Move often. Don't sit or stand for too long. Every thirty minutes change your position and do some light stretches.
7. Lift carefully. Most back pain is caused by injury. When you pick things up, lift from your knees and not your back.
As you take care of your back, you will have less pain and more mobility throughout your life. Good luck!Share
30 March 2015
Do you spend a lot of time in your car or at an office desk? Are you constantly uncomfortable because you feel pain in your neck, hips or back? If so, it may be time for you to visit a chiropractor for an adjustment. I had struggled with back and hip pain for years before I even thought to go to a chiropractor. I had no idea how a chiropractor could actually help me. If you experience any kind of pain, you could benefit greatly from going to a chiropractor for an adjustment. You can learn what I learned about the benefits of chiropractic care by visiting my website.